As a blogger, you always want more sales from your blog.
To increase your blog’s overall revenue, you need more traffic. Not just any traffic, it has to be search traffic.
The more organic traffic you get from Google, the easier it is for you to increase your overall income of your blog. Search engine traffic is the most qualified traffic where people are more inclined to buy from you if they find your stuff useful and relevant.
If you are struggling to increase your search traffic, I’ve 4 SEO strategies for you that you can implement on your blogs to get better results.
Are you curious to find out the proven SEO Strategies to boost your organic traffic? Let’s jump into the details.
1. Take Your Link Building Strategies to the Next Level
I know most people are still using the same old link building techniques like blog commenting, forum posting, guest blogging etc. Although they are good places to begin your link building strategies but they are not really effective as you think.
If you want more traffic from Google, you need to think beyond guest posting to build links to your blogs. Here are few most effective ways to attract a lot of backlinks with your content.
Visually Appealing Infographics
Infographics provide a lot of information “quickly”. They attract a lot of people’s attention and online people love Infographics content. They are not only easy to digest but they quickly go viral on social media sites. Not to mention that, creating compelling Infographics is the surefire way to build hundred of quality backlinks.
Either hire someone to design your Infographics or do it yourself. You can use tools like Canva to easily create great Infographics for free. All you need is to pick an interesting topic that creates curiosity among your target audience and provide real data to make them go viral.
Don’t forget to include easy options to embed your Infographics if anyone wants to use them on their sites. That way you can build backlinks without spending a lot of time and energy.
Link building through email outreach is working like a charm these days. But if you don’t do it right, it can backfire, so make sure you are not sending “sales pitches” or spam emails. If you are wondering how to attract quality links to your sites using email outreach, here are few proven tips for you.
- Follow reciprocity. Before you ask anyone to link back to your sites, make sure to first link out to them and do it often. If you are linking out to other bloggers and letting them know about it, you are sure going to attract their attention. Sooner or later they will start appreciating your work and they won’t hesitate linking back to your content if they find it useful to their audience.
- Keep your emails short and simple. Don’t write essays or include long and boring paragraphs. They can turn off anyone’s mood and nobody has time to read your long emails. Write with a knife and keep your emails concise if you want to get response.
- Use their name. Don’t write random or bulk emails. No one replies to anonymous emails. If you frequently mention their name while writing emails, it can add more value and you will get higher chances of getting a response from others.
- Start using Buzzsumo. It’s a great tool for finding relevant prospects. Once you enter any of the relevant keywords that match your target audience, you will come up with a list of top posts. Start pitching them and make sure to add value before you ask anyone to link to your sites.
Brian Dean introduced the concept of Skyscraper technique. It is widely used and really effective if you want to increase your content exposure. It basically involves in 3 simple steps.
- Finding popular content: Go and find out all the popular posts on the top blogs in your niche. Create a list of them and check out what you can do to make them better. You can also use tools like Buzzsumo for finding top posts in any niche by just entering the keywords you want to rank for.
- Creating content around it by making it better: Once you have a list of all the popular blog post ideas, make them better. For instance, if “5 tips to get in a better shape” is doing well in your industry, you can create a post something like “50 tips to get a better shape within 3 months”. Are you getting me? You need to make the already proven content even better, detailed and visually appealing.
- Promoting it to the right people: Once you have made the content “epic”, reach out to the people who commented on the existing popular posts. Email them if they are interested in linking out to you. That way you can get more social shares, comments, and links.
If you are a beginner and want to learn more about using this technique, you need to go through this article on the Skyscraper technique.
2. Deepen Your Keyword Research
One of the simplest ways to find better ranking keywords for your blog is to start using proper tools. Keyword research tools such as Keyword Planner, Long Tail Pro, SEMrush etc can really help you find golden keywords in any niche.
The key here while doing keyword research is to find less competitive long tail keywords. You just can’t aim for the short tail keywords like “SEO”, “SEO training” etc.
You can’t expect to rank in top 10 search results for those keywords because they are highly competitive and are usually targeted by biggest brands and authority blogs in the industry.
If you are wondering what are long tail keywords, let me simplify. Long tail keywords generally contain 3 or 4 or even more keywords in it. For example, “seo training for college students” is a really good long tail keyword with 5 keywords in it.
If you start targeting those long tail keywords to create your blog content, you will soon start noticing more search traffic flowing through to your sites.
Here are few tips for finding long tail keywords that will help you quickly increase your overall website search traffic.
- Before you even begin your keyword research, come up with a list of all the questions your target audience might type on Google to reach your sites. Once you have a list of all of it, it becomes really easier for you to deepen your keyword research.
- If you are a beginner, start using Keyword Planner (free tool) for keyword research. Once you get familiar with it, you can go for premium keyword research tools like Long Tail Pro, SEMrush etc to find better keywords. Usually, premium tools give you more features and they make it easier for you to find lots of low competitive keywords.
- While using long tail keywords for keyword research, make sure to aim at finding the keywords that have monthly search volume between 100 to 2000. Don’t go beyond it and aiming for the highly competitive keywords can make it harder for you to increase your search traffic.
If you are a beginner who doesn’t know anything about keyword research, I suggest you to check out this tutorial on finding better keywords.
3. Harness the Power of Your Email List
Although you can’t directly affect your search rankings with your email list but you can smartly use your list to boost your SEO.
You can use your email list to drive traffic to your new blog posts. If they are compelling enough, they will share your posts on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.
Did you know that recently Twitter has given Google access to its tweets. That means, if any of your posts is getting more retweets, it will have better chances for ranking higher in Google.
Whether you already know it or not, increasing your social shares directly impacts your overall search rankings. If any of your web pages are getting more social shares, they tend to rank really higher because Google crawlers give top priority to the “user experience”.
If someone’s sharing your stuff on social media, then there’s definitely a value in your content. Google rewards such content which gets more social engagement.
You could even ask your email subscribers to share your latest content, comment or link to it. If they really like your content and find it informative, they will definitely do the favor.
4. Do an In-Depth Analysis of Your Website’s SEO
Most people wonder why they are not able to see any traffic growth on their sites even after writing quality content.
Are you also one among them? If yes, you might want to conduct a full site audit of your sites.
Doing a full SEO audit of your site can really help you boost your search traffic. It helps you quickly find all your website issues such as not using alt tags, long blog post headlines, using broken links etc.
I use SEMrush for doing a full site audit of my sites. It helps me easily find all the issues my website has and provides all the link building strategies I can use it for spying on my competitors. Here’s a detailed tutorial on using SEMrush to improve your SEO.
You can also use SEO audit tools such as SEOptimer and Raven tools etc to easily find and fix your website issues. Following are the few areas where you need to mostly focus on if you want to boost your website’s SEO.
- Crawlability issues: Check whether your site has any issues with content crawling. Fix it immediately if you have any crawling or accessibility issues.
- Content issues: Check whether your content is original or not. Find out if your content is missing any title tags, meta description, too many links etc.
- Image issues: Check whether the images used in your blog posts or web pages have an ALT tag or not. If not, you need to make sure to include at least one primary keyword to optimize your images.
Final Thoughts on Increasing Your Search Traffic
The better you understand SEO, the faster and better results you will get. The majority of the people who fail to build successful blogs because of just one reason: they just don’t know how SEO works.
If you understand your target audience well and give what they really want through your content, you will always stay ahead of your competitors.
By using the 4 advanced SEO strategies mentioned in this guide, you will be easily able to increase your overall search traffic. Just make sure you are putting more time and efforts to learn the art of writing for people.
Do you have any more SEO strategies in mind that can boost search rankings? Share your thoughts in the comments.