After slaving over a new blog post, do you ever hit the “publish” button and pray that people will read it?
This happens so often that the most common question I get asked by my clients and readers is “How do I get more traffic?”
My answer? Guest Blogging.
The Benefits Of Guest Blogging
Writing a blog post for another website allows you to:
- Meet other bloggers who address your readers’ problems
- Increase your visibility
- Get new eyeballs on your site
- Communicate your experience and credibility
- Get natural back links from Google
All of which are excellent goals.
But it’s not always easy to get the attention of a big name blogger.
So what’s the easiest way to start?
It’s with a circle of 3 to 5 blogger friends. You decide to help each other market your posts through guest posting to each other’s sites and through liking, pinning, and tweeting each other’s stuff on social media.
Finding The Right Blogs
How to go about finding these new friends?
Some of the best ways are:
- Connecting with them on Twitter or Facebook
- During an online class after interacting with both the teacher and fellow students
- By following big name blogs and checking out the people who leave them comments
- Inkybee, a service where you can find other bloggers in your niche and see how many readers they have
Start With Smaller Blogs
By starting with smaller blogs, you have a better chance of getting selected and then you can work your way up the guest posting ladder.
Also, make sure you offer content that is relevant to the blog owner’s readers. Study the type of content they already publish and create something along the same lines. Look at the average word length and see if they usually include photos or images so you can keep your style in line with theirs.
A Contest and A Bonus For You
Would you like to guest post on Successful Blogging?
I’ll be picking one winnerr from all the readers who leave a comment on this post.
Share with me what topic you would want to write about for your guest blogging post on Successful Blogging. It’s time for some self-promotion, baby, to win a spot!
Plus, here is a free bonus – my latest guidebook on “How To Guest Blog Successfully” that goes into more detail about guest posting for more traffic. Just click on the image below: