Updated May 16th, 2019
What gifts can you give to your blogging friends? What gifts would you like to receive?
This gift wish list has essential items we bloggers need including many free things like plug-ins or tools.
But it also includes splurge items bloggers don’t know what they need until they get them.
Leave a comment telling me what’s on your gift list for you and your blogging friends.
Free Gifts for Bloggers
1. Gift your time. Make a recommendation to new bloggers or help them out. You could offer to help them set up their Facebook page or give them tips on how to get started on Twitter. Or if you’re clever with the techie stuff you could help install some plug-ins.
If you’re time poor? It doesn’t take long to send someone an email saying:
“Hey, I noticed you’re not on Twitter yet. I think you’d connect with some great people there. There are some great Twitter tips here to help you get started.
Happy *insert celebration name here*!”
I regularly recommend these to new bloggers:
MailChimp – To manage your email subscribers. It’s currently free up for lists with up to 2,000 subscribers which should be enough for new bloggers then there’s a monthly charge after that.
– A social media management tool that let’s you manage Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn from one dashboard. I love it, I use the pro version which saves me huge amounts of time for only $9.99 a month.
Gmail – Get all your emails forwarded to one place and stored online so you never lose them free.
Rapportive – It’s a free add-on to your Gmail account which shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox so you can immediately connect with them on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.
Dropbox – Free automatic storage of all your file. Use it all the time!
Evernote – Saves your ideas and allows you to input or access them from your computer and most mobile devices.
2. Free eBooks
It’s the thought that counts. Just email them the book as a small gift with a message:
“I thought you might like this eBook. Happy *insert celebration name here*!”
Create Compelling Content Successfully: Click here to get the free report.
Blog Writing Magic Click here to get your free “Blog Writing Magic” eBook.
It’s the thought that counts. Just email them the book as a small gift with a message or some beautiful love quotes.
Essential Gifts for Bloggers
3. Web Hosting – Boring but essential.
4. Kindle – My favorite since they first came out!
5. iPad or Surface Tablet
–I have the Surface and it is brilliant for reading books, listening to podcasts and working on. I love taking notes on it then I can just copy and paste them into a draft blog post and share them fast. This has to be the best gift ever for bloggers who don’t already have one.
6. Web custom theme – Like Thesis, Headway, Genesis. We use the Genesis Theme for WordPress on this blog.
Two suggestions: Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields which is excellent or any book by Seth Godin: I’ve read four of Seth’s books so far. Start with Purple Cow and Permission Marketing.
Problogger books – The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing, Problogger’s Guide to Your First Week of Blogging and the classic 31 Days to a Build a Better Blog.
Gifts for Bloggers Who Have Everything
I have all the above and now I’m craving more. Like voice recognition software so I can write faster and stand up while I “write”. Then maybe a treadmill or exercise bike so I can keep moving and keep my bottom looking perky.
9. Conference Pass – They’re not giving away entry to blogging conferences so this makes a generous gift for bloggers. Ticket prices vary but anything from $150 for a one day conference to around $500 for a big event like BlogWorld.
10. Social media jewelry – I like these cute necklaces from Survival of the Hippest.
11. Guest blogging course – With expert tips from Jon Morrow. I took this class a few years back and still use what I learned today.
To sign up you need to add your email address to the box on right of his homepage then you’ll be notified when the next course starts. Even if you don’t do the paid course you’ll learn a lot from watching the free videos here then you can decide for yourself if this would make a good gift.
12. Voice Recognition Software – Dragon Naturally Speaking Voice Recognition Software – I highly recommend it. I use it to free up my hands and speed up my blogging.
13. A great chair and amazing office decor – we bloggers sit so much that this is a great present! With a Cushie Pillow for lumbar support.
Or, like me, get some rock memorabilia for your office! (Did you know I dated Bruce Springsteen for a minute when I was 17?)
14. Betsey Johnson Pajama Set – Bloggers can spend all day in their pajamas so help them look great with these pj’s. I love the prints, design, comfort, and the little doggies. Even though I’m a cat person.
15. Chocolate – It’s obvious why this great chocolate is on my list. I eat it daily. Several times. Surely all female bloggers do.
16. Digital camera – I have two cameras, a big SLR and a small digital camera that fits in my handbag.
17. Video – I’ve got a cheap HD Video Recorder that’s brilliant. All touch screen and it does still shots or audio recording only as well as video.
18. Microphone – After learning about podcasting with Dave Thackeray, @thePodcastGuy, I realized my little headset isn’t good enough for quality sound recording. The Blue Yeti USB Microphone
that sits on your desk looks great.
19. Coffee or tea – Blogging is thirsty work. I drink copious amounts of Chai tea but other bloggers can’t blog unless they are fueled by coffee.
20. Exercise Ball
– I love mine but it’s got a slow leak. I’ll bounce on it when I get tired of strolling on the treadmill while I dictate my blog posts and emails to my new voice recognition software.
That’s what we bloggers need most, but anything else would be a bonus.
22. Groupon: By using Groupon discount codes on Plusvouchercode, you can get a discount on your gifts.
Which gift would you most like to give your blogger friends and loved ones?