Do you want more traffic from Google?
I know you do, everyone wants more search traffic. After all, getting more traffic from Google is the surest way to boost your online revenue.
Either if you are looking to get first page results on Google or increasing your website sales, you need to learn SEO. The good thing is that you don’t need to hire an SEO expert or become one to get the best rewards.
But how do you implement SEO that can bring massive results from search engines like Google? Here’s a detailed guide on using few really simple yet effective SEO tools to boost your rankings on Google quickly.
Let’s get started without much ado.
1. Build a List of Keywords
I agree that you should be creating content for your audience.
BUT you should also keep an eye on Google crawlers if you want to get more search engine traffic. That means you should be doing keyword research.
Instead of finding keywords before writing a new post, spend a week or two in creating a list of all the keywords that are relevant to your blog audience. That way you can save more time, money and efforts. Or you can always use a link building service.
If you’re selling Yoga equipment or products to your blog audience, make sure to find relevant long tail keywords like “yoga products online”, “cheap yoga equipment for adults” etc.
As a rule of thumb, make a list of 50 to 100 keyword ideas so you can easily use them while creating new content or pages for your blog. It not only helps you increase your overall search engine traffic but also your website sales.
While doing keyword research, make sure to focus on long tail keywords as they contribute to 80% of search engine traffic. See the image below.
Here are few powerful tips you should remember while building a list of great keyword ideas for your website.
- Use Google Suggestions while building a list of keyword ideas. It really helps you find a lot of highly profitable keywords instantly. You can easily figure out what your target audiences are searching for by using it. You can see it at the end of the search page result on Google.
- Come up with a primary set of keyword ideas. Start finding synonyms for them. That way you can start using a lot of those relevant keyword phrases while creating content. This really helps you write keyword rich content without keyword stuffing.
- Use sites like Quora to come up with keyword ideas. Just enter any keyword phrase relevant to your topics and you will find a lot of questions and answers relevant to them. You can simply use those topics as your blog post ideas.
- Use tools. There are free tools like UberSuggest, io, etc which help you quickly find lots of keyword phrases for your main keyword.
- You can also analyze your competitor’s. Check out how they are optimizing their web pages for your targeted keywords. Make a list of all the relevant keywords that you can use in your upcoming blog posts or pages. It’s the quickest way to boost your search engine traffic and sales.
2. Develop a Solid Link Building Plan
Almost every SEO expert believes that backlinks are the #1 way to get massive traffic from search engines. Yes, Google gives top priority to any site that gets hundreds of links. But remember that not every backlink has the same value. Getting just one link from an authority site is better than 100 small sites.
Having a strong link building plan can help you attract hundreds of natural links from other sites. Just make sure you are not building all your links only to your homepage. Even while writing guest posts, link to your internal pages. There are so many ways you can attract quality links to your sites, here are few of them.
That being said, if you are looking for quick ways to boost your Google rankings, here are few solid ways to attract quality links from other sites.
- Start with your competitor backlinks. Find out if you can track their backlink sources. You can use tools like SEMrush to easily do a backlink analysis of any site. Check out if your competitors have any broken links. Email them with any relevant links pointing to your site.
- Do interviews with influencers in your niche. They attract more buzz, social shares and links.
- Frequently create compelling infographics for your popular posts. They usually attract a lot of links, give people easy ways to embed your infographics on their sites.
- If anyone mentions your blog or content on social media sites, connect with them. Start following them and approach them sharing your best blog posts that might suit their interests. Ask them to link back to your best posts. If they find your stuff interesting, you will get links!
3. Proper On-Page SEO is the KEY
As discussed in the first point, keyword research is really important. Once you have a list of keywords that you can use within your content, you should give equal important to on page SEO optimization.
On-page SEO involves basically in the following things.
- Meta description
- Image alt tags
- Body text
- Links (internal, external links)
- URL structure (keep it short and simple)
One thing you need to remember while doing on page SEO is you should stay away from keyword stuffing. Most SEO beginners think that on page SEO is all about coming up with a keyword and placing it all over their blog posts or web pages. But it doesn’t work like that.
In fact, Google penalizes the web pages that practice keyword stuffing so it’s always better to stay away from it. The best way to do on page SEO for your content is to use relevant keywords. You can also use tools like Google suggestion tool and use those keywords while creating content to get better rankings on Google.
That being said, here are few things you need to ask yourself while doing on page optimization.
- Do I have a primary keyword to rank for? (ex: best fitness training online)
- Did I optimize my images for the keyword?
- Am I using an optimized URL structure?
- Is my headline and meta description unique?
- Have I used relevant keywords in my copy?
- Is my content worth reading and properly optimized for Google without keyword stuffing?
By asking such questions, you will be able to always publish content that’s worth reading. Also, make sure to analyze how other top bloggers in your industry are creating their content and getting better rankings on Google. If possible, try to get as many quality links to your content as possible as Google gives top priority to quality links.
4. Conduct Site Audits Frequently
One of the BIG reasons your site might not getting enough results that you deserve because of SEO related issues. You never know if there are any duplicate title tags, lengthy meta description or missing image alt tags causing your site to get better rankings.
That’s why you should conduct site audits frequently to find and fix your site SEO related issues. One of the simplest ways to do that is to use SEMrush.
It helps you quickly find all the SEO related issues that your site has by giving your site a score. You can also use other free tools like Seoptimer to quickly audit your site for any website related issues.
While doing site audit, make sure to find out your website speed, browser compatibility, mobile responsiveness etc to know more about your site. The sooner you find and fix your site related issues the faster you can boost your Google rankings.
5. Track Your SEO Results
Tracking your SEO progress is extremely important. Find out how your keywords are performing on Google, check out how many links you are getting from other blogs and analyze how many visitors you are getting from Google every month.
You can use tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, MajesticSEO, Google analytics etc to know more about your SEO data. Check out your average visitor spending time, bounce rates and pages per visitor. All these factors give you a better idea about what you can do to improve your SEO success.
6. Avoid These 5 Dumbest Mistakes at All Costs
We are not SEO experts so all of us make few mistakes. Some of them are silly and most of them can make your site sink in Google search results. So it’s always better to focus on what mistakes you are making to become better at SEO.
Here are few SEO blunders most bloggers make while trying to rank higher for their sites.
- Not fixing broken links: Use broken link checker tool to find broken links within your site. Make sure to fix your broken links as soon as you find them or it can seriously hurt your search rankings.
- Keyword stuffing: NEVER ever even think about using the same keywords repeatedly while writing content. Using your primary keyword in your title, meta description, image alt tags and URL is enough. If you want to rank higher, search for relevant keyword phrases and use them within your content.
- Shorter blog posts: Shorter blog posts like 200 to 300 words won’t give you any edge. They won’t rank on Google. You are not a Seth Godin – don’t try to get better rankings and social shares by writing shorter articles. So spend time in writing in-depth articles. Aim to publish articles at 1,500 to 2,000 words.
- Purchasing links: Few people go to Fiverr and try to purchase those gigs that say “100 backlinks just for $5”. NEVER buy such links. They all are spammy and won’t help you in getting better rankings. In fact, if Google crawlers detect that you are buying links from bad sources, your site might get penalized on Google search results. So beware of such black hat SEO tactics and avoid them at all costs.
- Slow loading times: No one likes slow loading web pages. Even Google penalizes the sites that take too much time. Did you know that if your site takes more than 3 seconds, you will lose your search rankings, traffic and sales? Yes, it’s true. So make sure you are using proper web hosting, optimizing images and using a CDN to speed up your sites.
Final Thoughts on Using SEO Techniques
When it comes to SEO, people often look for quick fixes. There’s nothing wrong in looking for quicker results but you should remember SEO is a huge ocean.
It usually takes some time to get quality traffic and rankings from search engines so be patient if you don’t get results fast enough. So stop looking for quick fixes and start focusing on what’s really missing in your site to get more out of search engines.
Use the tips mentioned on this page to boost your rankings quickly without hurting Google guidelines.
Do you have any more SEO tips to get better rankings? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Here’s what to do next…
Want to make real money blogging? You should join my free 5 day Start a Blogging Business Crash Course.
In it, you’ll learn the ins and outs of what it takes to build a blog capable of making $1,000+/month in just 12 months without quitting your full time job.
This is the exact formula I used to start my pest control blog and scale it to 7 figures.