Building a blog is hard. Finding an evergreen niche you want to build your blog around is even harder. Sure, you can just pick a random niche anytime you like, but would you be able to devote or spend the time necessary to grow your business?
If you answered no, then you might have chosen the wrong niche. If you answered yes, then you might have a gem on your hands. Finding success in an evergreen blogging niche can mean a passive income stream for you for many years to come.
How To Find The Right Evergreen Niche
There are literally thousands upon thousands of niches and sub-niches you can choose for your blog. Not everything will be profitable though. And not all niches are evergreen. Some may be seasonal while some fad niches may last only a few weeks or a few months – these aren’t the niches you’re looking for.
Evergreen niches are those that don’t depend on the time of year, or even the year itself. Popular evergreen products continue to sell years, or even decades, after they were first sold. If you find the right evergreen niche, and target the right audience with the right product, you could make a lot of money.
When looking for the perfect evergreen niche for your blog, you have two options: Profit or Passion. Different people will give you different answers, so you’d have to look inside yourself to find the right answer.
There’s no right or wrong answer, mind you, but to help you weigh your options, here are the pros and cons of each.
Option 1. Choose A Niche You’re Passionate About
Most beginners choose this option. Why? Because they are already passionate about a particular topic, and they are confident they can write long-form articles or content around the subject.
If you have a favorite hobby or something that really perks you up every time you come across that subject, then you may want to look deeper and see if you can create a blogging business off of that. You know what they say, right? Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.
You can write a 5,000-word article on the subject every week and publish it on your site, that’s how passionate you are about the topic. Or if you’re into publishing info products, then having the commitment and the passion to produce quality content regularly will contribute greatly to your success.
Having the passion for your subject is obviously important. Otherwise, your interest will fizzle out after a few weeks when you realize just how hard it is to build a blog from scratch!
But your passion will see you through and carry you through the rough days. Because yes, there will be rough days. It’s just a fact of life that not even passion niches can escape from.
Now, one downside to choosing a niche based on passion is that, depending on the hobby or interest you’re building an evergreen product for, is that there may not be a lot of people interested in the subject.
While you might make sales year-round, the volume may not be up to par as compared to choosing a niche for profit. If you’d like to cut to the chase and build a blog on a profitable niche, then read the next section for ideas.
Option 2. Choosing A Niche For Profit
The second option will take more work than the first. You’d have to do plenty of research to identify a potentially profitable niche. You’d have to study trends, do plenty of keyword research, and have your ear to the ground to find out what’s popular and make sales.
Pay attention to the news and look for something that will grab your attention and make you go, “I can sell that!”
When choosing a niche for profit, you might think it will be hard creating content for something you may know nothing about. You can do plenty of research – you can do desktop research by going on Google, or if you want first-hand information, you can even interview industry experts!
Doing this may take you more time. If you want to avoid the long wait, you might hire an expert in the subject area. Or hire a freelancer who can do the research. Choosing the right freelancer will also take time 🙂
Choosing a niche for profit takes a lot of uncertainty out of the equation. Unlike choosing a passion niche which may or may not translate to a nice volume of sales, choosing a profitable niche helps you make the most amount of profit.
With luck, you may even find a profitable niche you’re interested in – this is the best of both worlds! For best results, a profitable evergreen niche you’re passionate about is something you should strive to look for.
Remember you’re creating a business to make money. It makes sense to choose a niche you know will be more profitable than a niche you may love but will not be as profitable.
The Top Evergreen Niches You Should Consider For Your Business
In this section, I will show you some of the most popular niches that always sells and are always popular. These are massive niches where you can find plenty of sub-niches. If you drill down far enough, you’re going to find a sub-niche few people are talking about and offering solutions to.
This is what you came here to find. I will try my best and point you in the right direction so you can think about the niche you’d eventually like to build your business on!
This is one of the biggest niches where successful bloggers make millions and even billions of dollars annually.
If you’d like a share of this money-making pie, then dive into this niche!
Here are some sub-niches you can focus on:
- Fitness and weight loss/gain – there will always be people interested in getting fit and losing or gaining weight. I am sure that everyone, at one point in our lives, has researched ways to lose weight or build muscles – that includes you and me!
- Diet and nutrition – another extremely popular sub-niche. Some diets have stood the test of time. Others not so much. With so many people wanting to know the easiest way to lose weight, different diet programs will continue to crop up for years to come!
- Exercise – there are plenty of exercise routines and exercise equipment that are available to the public right If you like this niche, you can create exercise videos and grow your business around it. You can upload your videos to YouTube and monetize it there, or you can create a membership program on your website and give members exclusive access to your videos.
Explore and go even deeper in the health sub-niches. Be creative. The more specific the health problems you can address, the less competition you’ll have, and the easier your road to success will be.
Everyone wants to learn how to make money. Without money, we can’t live the life we want to live. We can’t reach for our dreams. We’ll be forever tied to a job and caught in the never-ending rat race. Wealth gives us the freedom to do the things we love with the people we want to share the moment with.
Just like the health niche, there are plenty of sub-niches you can tackle in the wealth niche. Here’s a few of them:
- How to make money online – in this niche, you’ll find plenty of competition. There are countless ways to make money online – you can build a blog, create info products, work as a freelancer, teach English as a second language to overseas students, sell merchandise online, and so much more. If you know of a proven way to make money online, don’t be afraid to share your knowledge with the world.
- How to make money offline – not everyone’s into making money online. Some people are still into traditional ways of making money offline. If you’ve got ideas on how you can help people earn extra dough without using the Internet, share it! It may be your next passive income idea.
- Personal Finance – being financially fit is an important topic that people from all walks of life can enjoy. We all need money. And knowing how to save and spend money wisely is a topic that will remain relevant for as long as we use money in our daily life.
- Investments – there’s a lot of risks involved with any kind of investment, but there will always be people interested in knowing the different techniques in trading and investing in various commodities. If you’ve got specialized knowledge or experience in these areas, you might build your evergreen product in this niche!
Personal Development Niche
Another very popular evergreen niche is the personal development niche. This is a vast niche simply because there are so many areas we want to improve ourselves on.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our attitude, our appearance, our organizational skills, our personal and professional relationships, self-discipline, and so much more.
The thing with personal development is that it’s a lifelong process. You want to build yourself and your skills for the long haul – that’s why it’s called development. It’s a work in progress, so to speak. You’re attempting to develop yourself so you can reach your long-term goals.
If you’d like to build your business in this niche, here are some good sub- niches to consider:
- Leadership skills – people respect and look up to leaders whether it be in a professional setting, a religious setting, political, etc. Leaders often make good decisions and can solve problems, both big and small. If you think you can teach other people how to become a great leader, then this might be the perfect niche for you.
- Communication skills – having excellent communication skills can open many doors for you. This includes knowing how to listen and how to speak in public. You can teach people how to get ahead of their competition by simply working on their communication skills.
- Confidence – everyone needs confidence. When you’re confident, it’s easier for you to succeed because you believe in yourself – you can easily overcome your fears and your doubts.
- Job interview skills – in order to land your dream job, you need to have excellent job interview skills to stand out from the competition. You need to have the confidence and the communication skills to snag that position. If you think you have what it takes to teach people how to ace job interviews, then this might be the right niche for you.
Finding the right evergreen niche to build your blog around will take time.
You need to have the patience to uncover those special niches which will generate everlasting profits for you.
Here’s the next post in the series: How To Develop An Online Presence.
Here’s what to do next…
Want to make real money blogging? You should join my free 5 day Start a Blogging Business Crash Course.
In it, you’ll learn the ins and outs of what it takes to build a blog capable of making $1,000+/month in just 12 months without quitting your full time job.
This is the exact formula I used to start my pest control blog and scale it to 7 figures.