Write For – Blog Guest Post Submission
I feature a few guest posts on Successful Blogging each month to:
- Give readers a fresh perspective on blogging, business or writing for the web.
- Introduce them to other talented writers.
- Help other bloggers connect with the lovely Successful Blogging readers.
But I only take guest posts from genuine friends or readers who’ve bought my blogging book and comment on this blog regularly. You’ll understand why if you read my guest blogging tips or invest in Jon Morrow’s guest blogging course. It’s worth it.
If you’d like to have a guest post featured on Successful Blogging and I know you or will recognise your name please email me a two sentence bio, a link to your blog and the headline of your suggested post.
If we decide to go ahead these are the guest post submission guidelines.
Guest Post Guidelines for Successful Blogging
1. Content – All content must be written by you and never used before anywhere else on the Internet. Please make sure the post is useful. Try to include tips that the readers can use and benefit from immediately and write a hypnotic headline.
2. Readability – Make your post well formatted and scannable: include headers, sub-headers, use bold text for emphasis or use numbered or bullet pointed lists.
3. Double check – Please edit and proofread your post carefully.
4. Originality – All content must be original and between 800 and 1400 words long.
5. Credits – Add a two sentence credit at the end of the post which begins with your name and can include up to two links. Note I no longer add a credit at the beginning of the post as it may discourage readers from reading something by a writer they aren’t familiar with.
6. Formatting – Write the post as a draft post on your blog, then copy and paste the HTML into an email or send it as a .txt attachment. Make sure there aren’t any tags specifying fonts or <span> tags.
7. Images – Attach two or three suitable images so I can choose one. If the image is a creative commons licence mention the credits and link. Try using Flickr – do an Advanced Search and check the box that says only search within Creative Commons. Or add links to suggested Royalty Free images.
8. Photo credits – Please place them right at the end of your post (after your byline) like this: Photo credit: XXXXXXX (the XXXX is linked).
9. Image size – Maximum 230 pixels wide.
10. No affiliate links.
Email it to annabel at successfulblogging dot com. Be patient. If you’ve done the best job possible and triple checked your blog post so it’s flawless it should be featured here soon.
After your guest post goes live you should:
1. Promote your blog post to your readers and followers on your blog and other social media accounts.
2. Check, read and reply to comments on your blog post.
Not ready to guest post yet? Read my guest blogging tips or invest in Jon Morrow’s guest blogging course now. I look forward to getting to know you and hope to share one of your posts here when you’re ready.