Yesterday morning I was talking to Keith, a new client, and when I asked how his blog traffic numbers were, he let out an enormous sigh.
He said that his blog traffic wasn’t growing consistently – that it had actually been stuck for the last 3 months, wavering between 35 and 50 visitors a day.
All he really wanted to know was:
“How do I get new readers to my blog?”
I quickly answered…
“Blogger Outreach. Outreach will get you the social shares, readers and engagement that you want and that you need.”
Here are 5 reasons why blogger outreach will guarantee you more traffic.
1. You Benefit From Another Blogger’s Higher Traffic To Get More ‘Eyeballs’ On Your Own Blog
By using blogger outreach in the right way, you can leverage that influence to grow your own blog faster than you imagined.”
Adam Connell of Blogging Wizard
When you are a newer blogger, you get:
– Frustrated that other bloggers get so many comments on their posts
– Scared when your traffic numbers don’t go up each month
– Worried when your email list is smaller than you’d like
Getting the eyes of another blogger’s readers on your blog would be unimaginably great. And those new eyes will mean more page views and higher Google Analytic numbers every single month, without fail.
2. You Gain A New Platform
“When you connect with bloggers in your industry, you are given platforms for communicating with your potential customers like never before.”
Neil Patel of Quicksprout
By having an influential blogger share your tweet, pin or Google+ post, you will get their influence shining their light onto your readers’ eyes.
If a big name blogger, like Peg Fitzpatrick or Bryan Harris shared your blog post, you would build up trust with both your current readers and their readers, who are seeing your blog most probably for the very first time.
3. You Acquire More Subscribers Who Turn Into Loyal Readers
When you guest blog for a blog that has more traffic than you do, the readers that resonate with your post will go check out your blog.
And between 20% and 50% of them will sign up for your email list, especially if you are giving them a great freebie that solves one of their “wake up in the middle of the night” problems.
4. You Secure Influencers To Promote Your Content For Free
Before publishing your new piece of content, reach out to an influencer or influencers in your industry. Tell them the topic of your content and ask if they would be willing to provide a point of view.
Forget about Facebook or Twitter ads. You will get higher quality traffic that doesn't cost you a dime when you have an influential blogger promote your post.
5. You Tap Into The Power Of Influence
“Instead of sharing your content on social media (and hoping an influencer notices it), you put your content directly in front of the movers and shakers in your niche.”
When I took Brian’s “SEO That Works” class, he recommended that we write an email to 50-100 top bloggers in our niche (and complementary niches) when we post a top-notch article on our blogs.
50 to 100 top bloggers? That's crazy:
You have to write your post, grab the best keywords for SEO, create at least one image, put the post into WordPress and format it with the right headings and subheadings, edit the post, share it on social media and do it all again in 6 days and he wants you to personally email at least 50 bloggers?
But here’s the kicker:If you spend more time promoting your post than you spend writing it, your traffic will soar.Click To Tweet
Just like in “real” life, it’s who you know and not so much what you know, that counts on the internet.
And I realize that forging these relationships takes time and effort on your part. Here are some things you can do to help boost a potential relationship with a blogger you don’t know:
– Mentioning them in your post and linking to them sends a pingback to their blog, where they see that you linked to them without you even telling them.
– Sharing their social media posts on a regular basis with your own additional comments
– Consistently commenting on each of their blog posts
– Sending them a complimentary email (a sincere one) emphasizing what you learned from one of their recent posts
– Asking them to participate in a group interview by sending one well-thought out question
– Joining one of their webinars or buying one of their courses or coaching hours
All of these methods help to build your relationships with influential bloggers.
Because this is the bottom line:
Building a relationship with a top blogger that has more traffic leads to building your blog traffic at the same time.
Want more info on blogger outreach? Grab a spot on the “Instant Traffic Class” webinar . Sign up within the next 48 hours to get the early bird price of $27. .