If only people knew how awesome your blog was.
If only people knew how much they could learn, be entertained, moved and inspired if they just came to your blog, read your posts, watched your videos and signed up for your newsletter.
Their lives would improve. Their dreams would come true.
Together you could even change the world.
But, what’s the problem? Traffic. Specifically, your blog’s lack of it.
You might have done all the right things for creating some amazing content on your site: your headlines are enticing, your posts are readable and engaging, and you offer loads of helpful tips and solid advice.
But nobody is seeing it.
“I know what I’ll do!” you say, “I’ll give away something for free on my blog and let everybody know about it! I’ll offer a free report and shout it out on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. That will attract loads of people to my blog!”
Could work. But, do you have enough followers? Like, I mean, thousands?
Without enough traffic going to your blog, creating and offering all this fabulous content is like trying to go fishing in an empty pond — no matter how big and juicy the worm on the end of your hook is, you’ll hardly catch anything if there are few fish to begin with.
So what’s a blogger to do?
In order to solve this problem, you’ve got to do more than create great content and free reports. You’ve got to find a new pond that’s full of hungry fish.
Well, turns out that Amazon, the online retail giant, is like a huge ocean of ravenous fish!
It’s a great place to find thousands of people who are actively looking for something to buy in YOUR topic.
That means that, most likely, people have come specifically to the Amazon website (not just typed “where do I find…” in Google), entered some keywords in the search box and (because it’s a store, after all) are sitting there searching with their credit card in hand for the right offer to buy that will solve their problem.
To make things even more appealing for you, the website is highly optimized for converting browsers into buyers.
So, why not take advantage of that?
How an eBook Can Help You Achieve Your Goals of Becoming a Successful Blogger
Hopefully by now I’ve convinced you that Amazon is a great place to find people that want to buy what you are selling.
How can that help you with your Successful Blogging?
- You’ll get access to a new traffic source thousands of people that you can direct to your blog.
- Publishing a book that others consider valuable (the only type of book you want to publish) will help make you an authority in your topic, consolidating your image as the go-to person in your field.
- Your new expert status will bring more attention to you and everything that has your name on it (including, your blog!). This will open up new opportunities to market yourself and get people to know you: interviews, book tours and invitations to speak.
- If your book was especially helpful and/or entertaining people will want more of you. They will come to your blog, sign up for your newsletter and buy your courses, products or services.
- A popular book on Amazon also gets top rankings on Google, so you will get an added SEO benefit of having your name and book show up when people search using your keywords.
Eek! Publishing a Book! That Sounds WAY Too Complicated
Yeah, I get it. It does sound like a tremendous feat. But it’s really not!
When I started publishing ebooks (under pen names) for my Internet Marketing business I thought “Wow, where do I start?” but by implementing a proven successful process you can have a great book published in a matter of weeks:
- Do proper research: make sure there is a market for your book’s topic and that you create the type of content people are interested in.
- Apply the right techniques: some methods can help save you a lot of time. For example, there are different ways of outlining a book’s content so that it is easier to write or outsource.
- Use some helpful tools: in this day and age, we are lucky that there are apps and tools that can make almost anything easier. For creating your book, tools like dictation software, mind maps can come in super handy.
You might now be thinking “How about actually getting it on Amazon? Sounds pretty technical and like I’m going to have to go through a lot of hoops?”
Again, not really. Creating a new publisher account with Amazon is pretty simple (and free!). Also, it has become increasingly simple to format your book for self-publishing. I use software that I had developed for this purpose, but tools like Scrivener do a great job and I know people who just tweak their Word document so that it produces a file that is accepted by Amazon and is readable on Kindle or Kindle apps.
The result? You will have created an asset that you can leverage to get more traffic for your blog and that you can sell again and again.
But wait! You might lose future sales if you miss one crucial step…
The Missing Link Between Your Book And Your Blog
Now hold on a second! Don’t think you’re done once you’ve created your book! Before you publish on Amazon, make sure you include an enticing offer within your book to get people to sign up to your blog’s subscriber list to get your email updates.
To make this work and help you get more traffic to your blog and covert them into subscribers:
- Create the right incentive: A free offer within your book is key to getting people from Amazon to your blog. You don’t have to limit your options to a free report, either. You can have a mini-course, an interview you did with somebody that offers valuable info or a step-by-step plan to achieving something consumers want.
- Place the link strategically within your book: If you are clever and place your opt-in offer at the beginning of your book, people who are just PREVIEWING the book using Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature can click on the link and have the opportunity to sign up for your mailing list without even needing to buy or download the book! Just make sure it’s accompanied by some compelling copy that will pique readers’ curiosity.
- Link to a well-optimized opt-in page: Usually, this is a URL within your website that has one clear goal: to get people to sign up. Link it up to your favorite email marketing service provider.
Already have a healthy subscriber base? Have a launch party and use it to get hundreds of NEW readers!
If you already have raving fans on your blog you can let them know you are publishing a book. Offer them review copies and ask them if they can let their peeps know about the launch.
They can help you get reviews for when you launch your book making launch date more successful, helping you climb the charts in Amazon even faster, which will get you in front of the eyes of thousands of potential NEW targeted readers.
What Are You Waiting For? Get That Book Started NOW!
I’ve seen pretty amazing results happen to people’s businesses after I’ve helped them publish an eBook. Sure you can make some money off of the actual book sales but even more valuable is the bigger exposure, the authoritativeness you gain within your industry, and the doors it opens as a result.
Helping people achieve this is probably the best and most satisfying part of what I do. The truth is, I love working with people who are knowledgeable and passionate about their work…it fires up the passion in me too!
Listen, the biggest obstacle to overcome is to actually go out there and create and publish the book. It can be scary, it can feel daunting, but, like most grand feats, it all starts with a single step.
So go on and get started now!
Melissa Contreras is an internet marketer who helps others enjoy life more by teaching them how to leverage their expertise to create income streams from digital products and services. Get started by downloading her Quick-Start Toolkit for Self-Publishing a Book That Attracts New Clients Like Crazy!