Do you want to make 2012 the year you write a book and become an author? Me too.
I’ve already self-published my blogging ebook which has been a brilliant way to help more people successfully market their writing or business through social media. Writing that first book has also helped me grow my business and diversify my income.
I love the writing process and I’ve experienced the benefits of writing a book so now I want to write more of them.
There’s no doubt that blogging and writing books are brilliant ways to establish your expertise, make strong connections and take your writing career to the next level.
Ironically I started blogging because I wanted to write a travel book and decided to first establish my readership through blogging. Blogging has taken me on a huge journey which has helped me develop myself personally and professionally but I did get side-tracked and that travel book is still languishing in my head. Now I have lots of gorgeous readers but no travel book hence my focus on getting my travel book completed before another year slips by.
That’s why I’m making 2012 the year of the book.
If you’d like to join me on my mission you should check out Chris Guillebeau’s new guide for writers, The Unconventional Guide to Publishing.
Chris Guillebeau is one of my favourite bloggers and last year his book The Art of Non-Conformity made him a best selling author too.
What is The Unconventional Guide to Publishing?
- It’s a complete solution for authors written by a veteran literary agent who has sold thousands of books to dozens of publishers.
- It’s a 45,000 word PDF guide with numerous audio interviews and transcripts to accompany the main guide.
- It’s available in three package options to suit every writer’s needs and budget.
- It’s the only plan you need to finally share your book with the world.
What Will The Unconventional Guide to Publishing Teach You?
- Everything you need to know about the publishing industry both new and old.
- How to write a book if you don’t know where to start.
- How to take your book from concept to publication.
- How to find and approach agents, editors, and publishers.
- How to write a book proposal.
- How to find more readers.
- If self-publishing or traditional publishing is best for you.
If The Unconventional Guide to Publishing sounds like it might help you get your book written and published I recommend you find our more about it here.
It can be done I know it. Stick with me and I’ll teach you how.
2012 is going to be another epic year for us bloggers and writers and I’m so glad to have you along with me for the ride.
I’ll be back soon with more blog writing tips so we can make sure we blog successfully and get our books written too.