If you build it, they will come. Just kidding.
It’s really hard to bring more visitors to your blogs especially from search engines. SEO is an evolving process and it changes regularly. The SEO strategies that worked over a year ago, won’t work now. And the strategies that you use to increase your organic traffic today might not work tomorrow.
You see, SEO is a big game. You need to learn and implement the best strategies to grow your traffic from search engines.
If you are searching for better SEO tactics to increase your search traffic, this detailed article is exclusively for you. I’m going to share few insider tips to drive massive organic traffic to your sites if done right. Let’s get into the details without further ado.
How to bring massive search traffic to your sites?
1. Understand the power of strategic on-page optimization
You should use your keywords on your pages naturally. If you think, stuffing keywords into your blog posts is what brings you results, you're going to fail miserably. If done right, proper on-page optimization boosts your organic traffic within weeks.
Most people think that on-page SEO includes using their main keywords at certain places. In reality, strategic on-page SEO that drives you noticeable results from search engines is different.
It involves in the following things.
- Written for people but conscious of search engines: Write for people, not search engines is the common advice from SEO experts. What they really mean is, you need to create blog posts mainly for your readers but you should also be conscious of search engines if you want to rank well. Most bloggers either write solely for people or search engines. Both are wrong strategies. You have to do keyword research first, then write for readers by carefully using your main keywords naturally throughout your content.
- Covers a single topic: Don’t try to cover everything under the sun in single post. You won’t attract your audience attention by covering everything. You have to focus on a single topic when you are writing posts. It’s the surefire way to give your readers actionable tips and strategies they can apply immediately after reading your posts.
- Easy to read: Online readers are extremely lazy. If you write a detailed article, they don’t read word to word. They usually skim what you discuss with them. That’s the reason why you should keep in mind to create skimmable content that’s easy to read.
Use short paragraphs and use lots of sub-headings including the bullet points. This makes it easy for anyone to easily digest your content at one go.
On-page SEO includes keywords in
- Title tag
- Meta description
- Image alt tags
- Linking (internal/external)
- Videos (if you use any)
- H1, H2, H3 tags
Another important factor that involves in on-page optimization is the keyword research. Most beginners never perform keyword research. They just come up with few blog post ideas and publish them in the hope of bringing more search traffic.
See, if you are not doing any keyword research, chances are, you are not going to get any traffic from search engines. You should always focus on finding long tail keywords that will help you bring right audience to your sites. Also make sure to find new ways to check traffic to any website because you have to analyze others top ranking keywords.
2. Get access to the right SEO tools
Whether you know it or not, using the right SEO tools can help you increase your search engine rankings. Unfortunately, most beginners don’t care about using any SEO tools, they just write whatever comes into their mind without doing any additional research.
If you are trying to improve your search traffic, it won’t work. See, getting more search engine traffic is not easy. It takes time, efforts and access to the right tools.
Here are few essential SEO tools that will help you bring more organic traffic.
#1. Yoast SEO
This is one of the most popular plugins ever created for WordPress blogs. Are you a beginner to SEO, don’t know how to optimize your posts for search engines? This plugin is for you. This is not only a free plugin but it offers a lot of features most premium SEO tools can’t offer.
You can find out your keyword density, optimize for a specific keyword, add image alt tags and everything else to optimize your posts for search engines. This is really a gift for SEO beginners, if you’re not using it yet, I strongly recommend it.
SEMrush is the master search engine marketing tool that gives you detailed insights into what your competitors are doing. You can easily analyze what's working for your competitors and what isn't using this tool.
You can actually analyze data on more than 48 million domains using this tool. That's a lot of data if you want to spy on any of your competitor's website. This tool is also recommended by the majority of the SEO experts.
#3. Keyword Planner
If there’s a really good free keyword research tool available at present in the market, it is definitely Google’s keyword planner. It is not only helpful for you in coming up with a variety of keyword phrases but it will also show you the competition for each keyword you enter.
#4. Long Tail Pro
Long tail keywords are golden when it comes to increasing your website traffic from search engines? They generally contain more than 3 keywords and they tend to rank well in search engines because of less competition.
So if you have a new blog and don’t have too many backlinks, make sure to focus your time on finding long tail keywords. Using long tail keywords in your content strategy can help you boost your search rankings.
3. Boost your social engagement
According to a recent research conducted by CoSchedule, 89% of the content that is created is never shared more than 100 times. How pity?!
Did you know that creating content that gets more social shares is the surefire way to increase your overall website search traffic? Search engines give top priority to the sites that have more user engagement including social shares, comments, links etc.
Although increasing your social shares is difficult if you don’t have huge followers on social media sites like twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc but by using few right tactics, you can get a lot of shares.
Here are few ideas on increasing your social shares without irritating your readers or visitors.
- First of all, use attention-grabbing headlines. No one clicks on a post that has a vague headline. If you want to get more social shares, use clickable headlines.
- Use tweetable quotes within your content. Plugins like tweetable can help you easily create tweetable quotes with your blog posts to get more tweets.
- Ask for help. Asking your readers to share your stuff on social media sites is the simplest way to get more shares. If they really like your stuff, they will definitely share it with their followers.
- Post at the right times to increase your blog’s exposure. You should know the best times to post on Facebook, twitter, Google+ etc to increase your social shares. Here’s a helpful article on posting your stuff on social media sites at right times.
- Include links to the popular blogger’s content from your blog posts. Email them about it. And ask for a link or tweet. They will at least tweet if you have written an amazing content that suits their audience. This will result in bringing more social shares for that particular post.
- Use tools like Portent to generate powerful headline ideas for your posts. Just enter any keyword and it will display an unlimited number of headline samples.
Final thoughts about increasing your website search traffic
The #1 reason few blogs drive massive traffic from search engines because of incoming links. They always get linked by other blogs in their industry and search engines give a lot of weight to links especially when they are natural.
So if you want to boost your organic traffic, find ethical ways to acquire natural backlinks from other blogs. I know it’s not at all easy to persuade others to naturally linking to your blog posts. But if you often link out to other blogs and email them whenever you do so, you will eventually attract them to linking back to your sites.
And focus on on-page SEO if you want to increase your keywords visibility in search engines. Don’t overuse the same keywords repeatedly, naturally use long tail keywords throughout your posts if you want them to rank well in Google search results.
So what are your thoughts on increasing website search traffic? If you find this post useful, please share it with others and let me know your thoughts in the comments.