I tend to be skeptical about things like affiliate marketing and my friend Corbett Barr used to be too – that's him in the picture. But affiliate marketing's not a cheesy scam and it's not just dodgy Internet marketers who make money from it. It can be a completely ethical and honest way to make money.
With affiliate marketing all you're doing is giving people who are interested in a specific product a link to a website where they can find it. If they visit the site, like the sound of it and buy it you then get a cut. The buyer doesn't pay any extra so it seems like a win win win situation for buyer, seller and affiliate reseller.
The percentage of the cut varies from 4% at Amazon to 75% for some generous affiliate products and basically that's the money you'll get for providing someone with the useful service of helping them find something they were probably looking for anyway.
If this is interests you Corbett has just started offering an affiliate marketing course for beginners. The course offers access to a website with all the information you need to set up your own website or blog and give affiliate marketing a go.
I've successfully dabbled with affiliate marketing here by writing about a couple of ebooks and courses that I recommend and have earned money by doing so, but the Affiliate Marketing for Beginners Course is for people who want to set up a website specifically to resell products.
Corbett's got a good track record with affiliate marketing – after 9 months he now makes thousands of dollars per month using his new knowledge. I'm sure he's worked long and hard to build his business up to that level and I also know he has two blogs with a solid readership of people like me who trust him 100%, but it goes to show that it can be done. Best of all it's not just for dodgy characters and geeks.
7 Reasons I Recommend this Affiliate Marketing for Beginners Course
1. The course shows you how to buy a domain name and set up a WordPress blog which is brilliant for anyone with a tight budget who wants a blog or website, even if you're not ready to do the reseller thing yet.
2. Corbett recommends a reliable web host with low fees that includes one free domain registration and gives you a special code for a $50 off hosting voucher. If you don't have your own domain name yet and want to set up a WordPress blog this offer could make your dream of having your own domain name a reality.
3. It's a one-off membership fee so there are no recurring expenses on the course.
4. All the content is on a website so you can easily find what you're looking for and come back to it when you want.
5. When you're doing the course you can ask Corbett questions right on the site and he replies.
6. There's a money-back guarantee.
7. Corbett says his course is cheaper than other similar courses. I've checked it out in detail and since it's such a good deal I felt duty bound to let you know about it.
More About the Course
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners is a complete step-by-step ethical course on affiliate marketing that will guide beginners through making their first sale from affiliate marketing. It includes 5 modules and 21 lessons, and doesn't require any special knowledge to follow. There's also a functional example website to help you.
The 5 Modules are:
- Introducing affiliate marketing
- Finding opportunities – This section includes great explanations of key word research that will help any blogger or business person with a website.
- Creating a site
- Generating traffic
- Advanced and scaling up
In case you're wondering I am an affiliate reseller for this. Corbett invited me to recommend his course and for once I agreed to it. I refuse most of these requests but this one seemed different. Mainly because it seems like such a good deal I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't at least mention it. Here's the equation as I see it:
Free domain name + Discount on hosting + Info on how to start a WordPress blog or website + Crazy low price = Offer too good to refuse
If the Affiliate Marketing for Beginners Course sounds interesting check it out here.