The unique people who will be reading your blog.
When I hold blogging workshops, we talk about the . The first step? Be very specific about who your ideal blog readers are.
For example, on Successful Blogging, there are three main profiles for my ideal readers:
- A 35-year-old woman who’s just starting her own service business and wants to do it right from the beginning.
- A forty-year old mother with an established business who isn't getting the results she should from her existing website or blog.
- A new writer who wants to build up a platform for her readers.
Who Is Your Ideal Reader?
Now that I've built up a readership, I have real blog readers and lovely people leaving comments so I can write with specific people in mind.
But every time I write a blog post I still ask myself:
- Is this what you (my dear readers) need most now?
- How can I best help you?
- What can I do to make the solution simpler?
- How can I leave you feeling motivated, uplifted and inspired to put the tips into action?
If you want to find new readers you have to make sure you know who they are because only then can you give them what they’re looking for.
If you do it right, your readers will go on to become loyal readers, email subscribers and your own marketing team who passionately recommend your blog and products or services.